Martta has one son, Pepe, and she tells us more about her preferences when she shops for him!
- How do you normally shop for your kids? Occasionally? Very Often? Mostly online or in shops?
I usually only shop for a need - when the old clothes are too small or broken. I usually buy only from shops - I think it is faster and it is easier to see what fits and what not.
- And when? At the beginning of the season or every now and then?
Anytime my son Pepe needs something. In Finland kids spend a lot of time outside - even when raining or -15 and snowing. It means that kids really need to have good gear to keep dry and warm.
You end up buying several sets - for home and kindergarten. It means quite a lot of raincoats and woollen overalls, rain boots, woollen socks, mittens etc. That is why I also buy many things from second hand markets or sometimes get from my sisters or friends who have older kids.
- Do you listen to your child and how much is heshe involved in the process of choosing?
No - Pepe is only 4 and he doesn't really care. Only if something is itchy or too small.
- Which are the top 3 colors your child likes to wear?
Pepe likes blue and green but for the clothes he is ok with all the colors.
- What are you looking at when buying clothing for your child/children?
Quality due to the weather conditions we have - but also style and prints. There is lot of really stupid and ugly stuff for kids - I don’t want to buy those.
I try to buy mostly sustainable brands.
- Do you follow current fashion trends for your kid?
Not really - I buy anything that is nice and needed.
- Which brand do you prefer, if any?
Finnish kidswear brands, Wildkind Kids - is my favourite.